The Community Impact Professional (CIP) Credentialing Program provides new leaders the competencies needed to apply leadership skills to themselves, the teams they lead and their community.
- Rising Star Leadership Program -- Once Rising Stars complete their program, they will earn our new Community Impact Professional (CIP) Credential managed through Credly.
- What types of workshops will teammates learn by participating in the Rising Star Leadership Program? Here is a list of the workshops Rising Stars may engage in (our proposed calendar is below).
- Who is eligible to apply for the Rising Star Leadership Program and earn the CIP Credential?
- Applicants are encouraged to/nominated to apply by their supervisor/manager and should be age 18+ on the date applications are due.
- Have both a demonstrated interest in community issues and a record of leadership in voluntary community activities or possess a passion for youth, social justice, and community engagement.
- Occupy a position of leadership reflecting significant achievement relative to age and providing the opportunity to have a significant influence on issues facing our community.
- Be able to commit to the attendance and time requirements.
- The Rising Star Leadership Program runs from July 2022 to May 2023.
- Participants must consent to a background check and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- By June 30 – Applications are due
- August 11 - Launch Day: A Day When All of ProAct's adult leaders come together to learn, connect, and get inspired by their shared vision.
- September to May – Mastermind Class/Training meets every second and fourth Friday from September - December and once per month from January - May. All sessions are from 12p-4p.
- January to May - Youth group mentoring begins with your assigned school (see below for requirements to earn the CIP credential.)
- May-June - The cohort year ends with a capstone presentation, a closing retreat, and program graduation (which occurs during the Annual Close the Gap Awards).
- Asynchronous Outward Mindset Online Course
- Assessment: Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI)
- Intercultural Development Plan (IDP)
- Assessment: Leadership 363 Assessment for Leaders
- Legacy Leadership Development Plan (LLDP)
- Workshop: Outward Leadership Course
- Individual Legacy Project
- Youth Workshop Facilitator Training Course
- A minimum of 4 hours of community service with vulnerable youth
- Support youth Legacy Project planning and implementation
- Recruit at least five (5) Site Ambassadors
- Complete the Community Impact Professional exam.
- The Community Impact Professional Credential
- Impact Assessment for Individual Participants
- Impact Report for the company to share with employees, customers, and partners.
- Leadership 360 Assessment
- Legacy Leadership Development Plan
- Intercultural Development Inventory and Development Plan
- Participants will grow as individuals and leaders who have a clear passion and purpose to influence change at their companies, in their families, and in their communities.
How much is this program?
The Rising Star Leadership Program costs $3,950 per person to participate.
There are scholarships available for selected cohort members who may have a financial barrier to participation or is a justice-involved youth ages 18-25. Scholarships are made possible thanks to a grant from Central Indiana Community Foundation's Elevation Grant Program that was awarded to ProAct.
Rising Star Leadership Program Equity & Inclusion Scholarship Fund
We do encourage applicants and their sponsoring agency(ies) or company to invest financially in this program for their staff or team if the financial commitment is not a barrier for them OR we would love for organizations to support our Equity & Inclusion Scholarship Program to invest in a future leader to participate in this innovative program.
To donate to our scholarship fund, please click here and visit this link.
For more information, please reach out to our Training and Education team at email@example.com.